Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
straight pipes with baffles?
10-15-2015, 08:15 PM
straight pipes with baffles?
I am looking for a way to do reduced pipes no mufflers to get the full look on my vstar but the noise bylaws in the next province will keep me penned out of some of my favourite roads. Anyone have a method for doing them with baffles or any recommendations
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2015, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2015 05:26 PM by dirth.)
RE: straight pipes with baffles?
I used a pair of Honda 50 (it was years ago(1978) but any 50/90/125/250/350/500 will do) baffles, drill a small hole in the pipe to fix the baffle , wrap it with wire wool and that's it sorted.The wool was to give a bit of back pressure( I had done it before for Gold Star Silencers on a Honda)
One thing is you might have to make a reducer to sleeve the baffle to the inside of the pipe

The reason I used Honda 50 baffles ? They were in stock at the dealer and they were seriously cheap I think I paid about £1.25 each ( if it was even that) and about £2.00 for the wire wool which I never finished and eventually threw it out
The bike a Honda 450 frame with a CB500T engine with Amals flat tracker style
12-22-2016, 09:02 AM
You might want to try smartparts.com, they make baffles, they may have something that will adapt to your application. I used a pair on one of my bikes with straight pipes, helped with the backfiring.
12-27-2016, 09:22 AM
Smartparts makes baffles, check with them they may be able to help I used them on my Suzuki work well knock the sound down.