Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
any stripers/ custom painters here??
08-26-2010, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2010 12:53 AM by madroxx.)
any stripers/ custom painters here??
so ive been teaching myself to pinstripe and im havin a hard time with some things like curves, symmetry, an either over striping or understriping.... heres some of my stripes     this is my very first time striping

this is my second    

my third and with a small crowd in class     and my nickname and logo.....

the blue and black box are the same box i jus sand blasted it and re did it..... its jus a random tackle box i found on the side of the road in a pile of things with a sign saying free on it lol...

constructive criticism is very well appreciated.... im trying to improve an i dont have the time/money/supplies to stripe nearly as much as i would love to.... but i do everychance i get...
Thanks maddd
sorry bout the bad quality/huge pics.... they were takin on my cell an uploaded to my comp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2010, 06:43 AM
RE: any stripers/ custom painters here??
Roscoe would be your man..You'll have to wait for him to drop back in..

Rest Easy Vic 5-15-58 / 11-28-2010
Life started over on 10-11-12 with Lesa, my lifeboat!

12-07-2010, 06:48 PM
get a car hood and clean it up and then go to town on it.....don't worry about making a pattern, you've got to get your lines and turns down and then you start with trying to put it down. It's like trying to write a sentence before you can write a word.

Get the best brushes you can find and cheap doesn't fit here...it's like a cheap hoar...it''s just not worth the effort.

you need to make the lines in as little number of passes possible. Practice with your paint consistency and go crazy on the hood. Make sure to clean the hood or whatever you are working on...it should be free of wax and crap and then practice, practice and you know....practice.
12-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Not a striper here but I have painted for the last 25 yrs.....practice is the key....over and over and over!

Cheers
01-09-2012, 11:30 PM
cheep way to practice cymmetry pen and paper. not the same as paint but help over time, just to keepin things even.

cold weather blues Hitwithrock
02-03-2012, 02:56 AM
Im not a striper but ive seen alot of beginer vids that use a graph. drawing a graph before hand will help with symmetry
02-03-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm glad this post is on here...I just got my first brush (0000 excaliber) and some bright red one-shot. I would love to hear any and all tips, tricks, brands, practice anything that can help me improve my skills. I printed out three pages of straight lines and got a piece of glass to trace on so I think Im going to try to run this whole can just straight lines to get a feel for it. Please comment with any help for a newb
02-05-2017, 07:45 AM
any stripers/ custom painters here
I also say that using ropes does not count either. Just free-climbing.

So... any climbers here?